Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wow is all I can say

What a whirlwind of a week. This is the first time I have had a chance to get on the computer, and I am not able to post pics yet. We dont have free Internet in our hotel so I am at an Internet cafe with Tara and another friend, Matt.

I spent Wednesday and Thursday in London. It was crazy. There are about 150 people in the program (guy to girl ratio, 1 to 15). While in London I ate my first meal of fish and chips (I will post a pic asap), toured all the major sights and saw the musical Wicked. I am glad I got to see and experience all that in London, but it was all very, very tiring.

Friday we took a flight to Rome and then a four hour bus ride to Florence. Luckily, the plane incident at Heathrow airport the day before didnt cause any problems for my flight, but another group had their flight cancelled and had to stay another night in London. My group got in about midnight Friday night.

Yesterday we had an art tour and saw the duomo and all of the major sights. We all had dinner together and then I walked around town with some of the people here. I got hit on by my first Italian guy as I sat outside the hotel with a friend I had just made. Of course the Italian guy was really a 40ish transplant from Egypt who was very disappointed when I told him I was 22. He was sad I was not younger. Creepy, but funny.

Today we took another walking tour to see where our school for the next three weeks is and where we can go shopping, etc. We then had lunch and orientation. Its been nice having the meals with all of the people in the program. Theyve been sitting us down and giving us three course meals over 1 or 2 hours. Its definitely different than in the US.

My time is almost up, but I will post again soon. Hope everyone is having fun in America!

1 comment:

Courtney Sargent said...

Sounds amazing! Yum fish and chips!!